Sunday, January 10, 2010

Appreciation

I love the mountains
I love babies and kids
I love thinking about my future family
I love my family
I love thinking about my aunt Becca's emotional hug she gave me
I love learning about the Gospel
I love feeling the spirit
I love my mom and dad
I love the spiritual moments I share with my mom in church
I love Dr. Pepper
I love the sun
I love flip flops
I love laughing, hard

Sometimes I get so caught up in the negativity in life that I forget all the things I have that makes me happy. I get discouraged, often, and it's not good. I know some of my posts have been depressing but writing helps me express myself and get things off my chest. Also, just looking around at all the things God has created for us is truly amazing. Just the opportunity to witness a new life enter this world is a miracle in and of itself. The mountains are so beautiful. We are so lucky to be able to look at those everyday and see the changes they go through throughout the year.

I guess appreciation is the key word here in this post. Life is good, life is hard, and life is supposed to be enjoyed.

Sorry I'm so serious all the time, but these are reminders to me that I shouldn't forget. and I shouldn't be discouraged because I have such a good life.

Thanks to everyone who helps me realize that. I love you all.

-borris

1 comment:

Arden said...

becca, you are quite an amazing young woman. so wise and thoughtful. you are so right about so many things. how did i have a role in your making? being positive is the best way to get through life. we have so much and should always be greatful. you are the best. your life will come together as you do what is right and get out of yourself and do for others. i love you have a good week. love, mom i typed this on dads computer