Thursday, January 14, 2010

Coincidence?

Coincidence: A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.

So, reading back to my old post I have come to realize that some things I am doing in my life portray everything I said in my last post. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I have been going to institute every Tuesday and Thursday mornings and it is so awesome. My teacher is the best. He is so enthusiastic and excited about the Gospel, and he loves life. He is just an all around happy guy. Lately we have been talking about Job and Solomon and those stories are amazing. I recommend every member of the church to reading the book of Job and Ecclesiastes, there is so much to learn, and some very inspiring words...Anyway, back to my original point, as I have been going to class and listening and learning I realize that everything Brother Bartholemew was teaching I had just written in my blog. Isn't that interesting?

I write about how I should appreciate all of Gods gifts and know that he is all knowing and he is the most powerful, and in the book of Job, he also learns the same thing. In a much harsher way, I might add, boils he has to scrape off his body and so on and so forth.

Also the book of Ecclesiastes it mainly talks about how we should focus on eternal things in life. And in the beginning of the third chapter it talks about "seasons" and how each season comes and goes and how we should grow from the "season" we are in and that each season is temporary. Maybe you had to be a part of class, so I hope you understand what I am talking about. Seasons can be taken as trials or as good times in our lives, each one is temporary, whether we like it or not, but we need to be prepared regardless to face what is coming next. We need to learn from the "season" we are in and be ready for the next "season" to come.

I found that message to be pretty powerful and very much needed in my life. God does answer prayers, and I consider mine answered. The Gospel is the best!

-borris