Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hugs

I was thinking the other day, everything can be described as a hug. Listening to good music can sometimes feel like a warm embrace. All the sounds and instruments and vocals surrounding you can make you feel warm and fuzzy (depending on the song of course). Getting under a bunch of blankets and feeling cozy can feel like a hug. The thing that most recently felt like a hug was the spirit at the Christmas program in my home ward this past week.

My Dad is probably one of the most talented and smart people I have ever known, and probably will ever know. He helped put together the Christmas program for our sacrament meeting and honestly everything that was sung and said made the chapel full of not only Christmas spirit, but the spirit of Jesus Christ. It's amazing to think of the sacrifice He made for every single one of us. As the program went on my dad had a trombone solo that was honestly so touching to me. You would think that I would get to hear him play that thing all the time, but I never do. I forget how good he is at what he does. He plays that instrument so beautifully, it amazed me and also filled me with the spirit. It was overwhelming. (Ask my mom, she was sitting by me, crying with me). That was probably one of the best hugs I've gotten in a long while, and the most needed one.

The reason behind all this "hug" nonsense is so I don't forget how it feels to receive and give a hug, not only physically, but spiritually. I hope sometime in my life I can give a spiritual hug to someone in need, like I needed it. There is nothing better than that feeling. Also a simple embrace to a loved one can mean a lot to that person, whether you think it would or wouldn't. I usually like to give hugs to people often not only because I like it, but because I want to show that person that I truly care about them and love them. If you ever think I am sad or depressed or having kind of a crappy day please give me a hug :) it would honestly change my mood in an instant. An embrace from a family member or a friend is simply priceless. Nothing money can buy would ever make me as happy as a hug does.

Anyway, I've been wanting to write this down for quite a while now, so I did :)

Love, Borris

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love that Becca! You gave me a "hug" the other day, just by asking how I was doing. It really made my day. I even told Jake that I think of all the people in the family, you are one of the most caring. I love you girl!

Arden said...

becca, you are right and precious. hugs are the best especially spiritual ones, i thank dad too. i am lucky cause i get hugs so much and each one is priceless. love you, mom