Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Advice maybe?

Well hello again everyone. I was just wondering if anyone out there could give me some advice...Sometimes I get frustrated. I know that its normal and all but I don't know how to handle my frustration. Sometimes I get to the point where I want to hit something, like the wall, or the TV or anything that is near me, and sometimes I actually do hit something. I know some of you didn't know this about me, but when I get frustrated when I'm around people I usually can hide it pretty well, or to some I seem kind of down. But when I'm by myself I have no clue what to do to get my frustration under control. I've thought about going on a run, but I hate running too much.

If any of you have any advice, please let me know! Thanks. Much Love
-borris

6 comments:

Arden said...

Becca, hit something. Just kidding. Go on a walk. You don't have to run just walk. Or pick up a good book and read, you soon calm down. You have the Hofheins blood running through you! I love you so much. mom

Jamie said...

You're definitely a Hofheins. Go take a time out :) Love ya!

anonymous said...

Finding a solution might be easier if you could identify the source of the frustration. I still don't think it's easy, but it helps. What makes you frustrated? Something significant enough to ask for advice on I guess.
So, does hitting something not get it under control? Why don't you just keep on hitting things...why the desire to stop?
Once in an institute class (and I feel like it was just talked about in conference maybe) we talked about getting a "delete button." Whenever you have awful thoughts about yourself or frustrated feelings or whatever it may be try using this delete button. Some ideas are to tap your leg with your hand, click your tongue, touch your ear. I think in conference they talked about replacing the thought with a word from your favorite hymn. I think the purpose is to completely change thought processes. I tried it for awhile. My delete button was just putting my finger up to my temple and rubbing it. Worked for a bit but I got out of the habit.

Unfortunately, now when I have those frustrations I bite the inside of mouth or grit my teeth...sometimes I do other stupid things. Which I guess is maybe better than banging my head on the wall or doing something worse like I sometimes imagine.

Anyway, keep posting. That's a good outlet too. I love reading what you write. Promise I'm not a creeper or a psycho or anything. Keep your head up.

Coulton and Becca Main said...

who are you?

Rachel said...

HA HA... Becca, I love when you do that. This post made me laugh. Sounds like you got a good lump some of advice. I think you should just hit something. It is usually a good story afterwards.

good luck with that... weirdo :) (kidding becs)

The said...

I try to deal with my frustration and anger by eating them away... and that's probably why I weigh 207 lbs. I just can't win.