Monday, October 26, 2009

Pay It Forward

So the other day Rachel and I were at Costco and I was really cravin one of their hotdogs. I mean, who can resist right? So we bought all the items Rach had and I made my way through the damn of grocery carts to the concession stand. I ordered my hotdog with a beverage and at this point my mouth was watering. The girl gave me the total and I began to pull out my credit card, oooopsie! Little did I know, they only take cash or check, so I asked Rach if she could spare me some cash, she had none. My face was starting to get hot, I was getting embarrassed because there was a train of people behind me waiting. I turned back to the hotdog girl and told her "well I guess I'll have to pass on this today, sorry." But before I could turn away, the lady behind me said "You know what, put that on my order, I'll get the same." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was so shocked. No one has done that for me, ever. I began to tell her no, don't do that, really it's fine, but she was persistant. Then I thanked her, told her how nice that was and that I would "pay it forward".

People like that make this world a better place. That seriously made my day, and it gave me a new respect for some people out there. The whole rest of that day I couldn't stop thinking about how I was going to pay that forward, and how freaking nice that was of her! That is so rare to see these days I think. Anyway, the point of the story is to just say I think we all need a little bit of that in our lives, don't you think? Just one kind gesture, or act of service; it can really change some people. I know it has for me.
Have a wonderful day!!! And HALLOWEEN!!!!
-borris

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What a nice lady! That definitely doesn't happen every day :)

Arden said...

Dear Becca, If I could teach my children anything it would be that. I have lived my life trying to something nice for some body everyday. I too have done what that lady did. I'm not bragging just letting you know that if we can do something nice for someone each day, just something small it always comes back. I am truly blessed in my life cause of that. I love you and the lesson that lady taught you. Love, mom