Sunday, September 14, 2014

Lately...

Coulton and I had enough in Alaska, sooooo....we moved home...to UTAH!! Just in time for the best vacation ever. No exaggeration either. Lake Powell has always been my most favorite place to visit growing up, so I was beyond stoked to bring Coulton along. This was his first time, and it sure didn't disappoint! We had a BLAST! Everyone got to know each other real quick because there were probably 30 of us crammed onto our houseboat, but that's what made it so much fun! I love spending time with my family. I love that we can carry this tradition on to our own kids. I can't wait until my kids and their cousins all go to Powell together. It's going to be the greatest time.

After powell, Coulton had to go to California to finish out his summer sales. While he was there he was able to stay with his Grandparents in Napa Valley. I'm so grateful for them. They helped us so much and took great care of Coult. He was able to care for his sick Grandpa too, which was a huge blessing to them, and a great bonding experience. I lucked out with the best inlaws ever. The Main family is amazing. I was able to go out and spend some time with them and I loved every ounce.

Currently we are staying at my parents house trying to get our feet under us. I am working for Rachel. She started her own clothing line called Rachel and Groms, and it has skyrocketed into SUCCESS! It's been so much fun being a part of and watching it grow. I'm so excited to see how it turns out. I have a feeling it is going to get HUGE! Coulton is currently starting is own car wrapping company. He's also looking for other work in the Sales department. We have been so blessed with everything that I'm sure he is going to find something he loves.

The summer was hard. Not gonna lie. The best part of the summer was getting to know Dakotah and converting him to the church. When I first met him (I choke up talking about this) I thought to myself, this kid is something special. I felt like I was going to have some kind of impact on his life. Pretty crazy thought. As we got to know him better, he and I bonded really well. He would share so many things with me about his personal life that I know he wouldn't share with others. He has been through so much. It was great seeing Coulton play a huge role in getting him baptized. Coulton has such a strong testimony (which he doesn't share often) and it was so cool to see him share that with Dakotah.  Dakotah ended up moving here to Utah and he is so happy. It's times like those that remind me of what is truly important in this life. I love how the Gospel brings me back to that. Such a great reminder.

So glad we are out of that stage in our journey. I am so excited for whats to come for us. It's been so much fun going on so many adventures with my soulmate. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

-borris




 ^Our final days in Alaska! My parents came out. It was a good time.^










 ^Lake Powell! Looks like it sucked huh? :) ^

^Went on a hike with Dakotah to horsetail falls. It was such a good time! Probably the funnest hike I've been on. Loved it. ^

1 comment:

Matt & Autumn said...

you are awesome! keep blogging, and hang out with me!